Did you know that online sports betting in Maryland accompanies many other exciting events that bettors can place wagers on?
In this review, we will dissect what types of events you can bet on with online sportsbooks, from pageants to awards shows and more. Further, we will tell you what you need to know about what types of wagers you can place, who can make these bets in MD, and more.
Betting on events at Maryland betting sites
Event betting is a huge arena for placing online wagers in Maryland, allowing bettors to bet on worldwide and national sports events, pop culture events, awards shows, pageants, and so much more.
When stepping your toes into the world of online event betting, be sure to consider the best features in a sportsbook, such as benefits, convenience, odds, and more. Try your hand at event betting today, and see what you might win.
Best sportsbooks in Maryland for betting on different events
- Pointsbet – A sports-heavy online betting site offering live chat support to all customers, convenient funds methods, an exciting mobile app for iPhone and Android, regular promotions, and various betting methods.
- BetMGM – A sportsbook offering a welcome bonus up to $1k, live stats and event updates, Super Bowl event betting, generous promotions, and a mobile app for conveniently making live bets on the go.
- Fanduel Sportsbook – Online betting site heavy on professional sports event betting, with various moneyline, teaser, round robin, prop bets, and more. Offers a customer support page, site betslip, regular promotions, and a generous sign-up offer worth up to $1,000.
- Draftkings Sportsbook – Offers Super Bowl betting each year, various championship and tournament bets, frequently updated in-game stats, a large sign-up bonus, PGA Tour betting, a Sportsbook Mobile App, and more.
- Barstool Sportsbook – New odds boosts every day, regular promotions, convenient customer funds methods, and various betting opportunities (including custom parlays, live bets, teasers, etc.)
How to bet on events online
Online event betting in Maryland is more than just betting on specific sports teams and competitors. It is a wide-scale betting arena that centers around large competition-based events, from sports to pageantry, art, culture, and more.
You could be betting on who will win the Super Bowl championship title or which politician will get impeached from office. The betting opportunities are nearly endless.
Types of events to bet on online in MD
The list of U.S. and worldwide events bettors can make wagers on is large and growing. Don’t limit yourself to just sports events (FIFA, March Madness, the Olympics); instead, check out the various other exciting events to bet on, including TV and movie awards shows to the Grammys, and more!
FIFA World Cup betting in MD
The FIFA World Cup only happens every four years, which makes this worldwide sporting event a coveted betting experience. Bettors get the chance to place bets on a tournament involving 32 men’s soccer teams.
Since this is a traditional sporting event, bettors can place many of the bets they play on other sports events, like moneylines, prop bets, and parlays. Additionally, this tournament is a great opportunity for betting on futures – bets that you can make on the final outcome of the World Cup (example: which team will win the World Cup in 2022).
Futures bets for FIFA are enticing to bettors since you get to place them as far as a few years in advance of the outcome.
Betting on Olympic Games events – Maryland
The Olympic Games are perhaps the most exciting sports event in the world. Happening every two years and involving dozens of sports, they provide bettors with plenty of opportunities to place bets.
Some of the most common bets placed on the Olympic Games include:
- Futures bets – placing bets on who will win certain events outright further in advance of the day the event occurs (example: wagering on which female gymnast will win gold in the all-around individual category)
- Parlay bets – placing bets on multiple predictions with just one wager (example: wagering on a prediction that a certain team will win gold all-around in women’s track and field AND that a certain sprinter on that team will win gold as an individual all-around)
- Prop bets – placing bets on things that aren’t related to the outcome/winner (example: wagering on the prediction that a certain athlete will get disqualified in a certain event)
Betting on March Madness in MD
March Madness is an NCAA event that occurs in the spring season every year. Taking college basketball to its highest championship level, this event is a breeding ground for brackets and betting pools across the country.
Since there are more than 60 teams involved, there are a plethora of options when it comes to making bets.
Some of the most common types of wagers include futures (betting in advance on which team will win the championship), prop bets, moneylines, spreads, teasers, and parlays.
Political event betting in Maryland
Political betting may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the online betting sphere. However, this arena of wagering is very much alive and sparks interest across the U.S. year-round.
Some of the most common types of bets on political events are futures, since you can bet on the winner of an election far in advance of the outcome. However, there are plenty of other bets, such as wagering on who will win a debate, whether or not a certain politician will get recalled, etc.
e-Sport video games event betting
E-sports are another exciting arena for online gambling in Maryland. You bet on organized events where professional and well-ranked video game players go head to head playing FPS (first-person shooter) games, MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) games, and more. Some examples of e-sport events that bettors place wagers on include:
- Call of Duty – FPS multiplayer video game where the objective is beating the opponent team, bets include outcome-based wagers (which player will win), prop/special bets (total number of kills, who will be a map winner, etc.), and more.
- League of Legends – MOBA video game where you make prop bets, match winner bets, handicap bets, and more.
Movie awards online betting
Awards events are really fun ways to dip your toes into event betting. Since they occur annually, you get to bet every year on which actors, producers, movies, and editors will win in various “best” categories.
Some of the most common awards events that are bet on include the BAFTAs, the Oscars, the Golden Globes, and the SAG awards. Couldn’t you just picture yourself betting on who will win best leading actress of the year?
TV awards online betting – Maryland
Just as bettors can bet on who lights up the silver screen the best, TV award events also make great wagering opportunities each year.
The bets are pretty similar to the ones made in movie award events. However, in TV award event betting, you would bet on events such as the Emmys, Daytime Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, MTV TV Awards, and more.
Online event betting on the annual Super Bowl – MD
The Super Bowl is one of the most obvious sports events to bet on in Maryland each year since it’s so iconic and memorable. And since this event draws in exciting commercials and big performances (with the likes of Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, and others), you get to make lots of special prop bets on more than just the sports.
Each year, bettors place moneyline bets on which team or quarterback will win the Super Bowl, in addition to plenty of other bets like which Super Bowl commercial will air first? You might also place a bet on which team will fumble during the game or whether or not there will be a surprise guest appearance during the halftime show.
Other online event betting opportunities in MD
The list just keeps expanding, but there are so many other opportunities to bet on events in the U.S. and beyond. They include, but are not limited to:
- Music awards shows (the VMAs, Grammys, Brit Awards, etc.)
- Nobel Prize awards
- Reality TV events (competition shows like American Idol and The X Factor)
- Miss America pageant
- Miss World pageant
- Baby betting pools (celebrity or royal babies)
FAQ’s About Event betting in Maryland
Who can bet on events online in Maryland?
To legally place wagers on bets online in Maryland, individuals must be at least 21 years old.
Will sportsbooks always pay me my winnings?
The only cases where a sportsbook should ever withhold winnings from you are when you don’t provide proper withdrawal methods to the site or you don’t comply with the sportsbook’s rules.
Are there any “guaranteed” win bets in online event betting in Maryland?
There are never any guarantees in online betting, but there are certain bets and situations that give you better odds of winning.
How do I choose a betting site in MD?
There are several factors that make a good online sportsbook: convenience, site interface, competitive odds, easy withdrawal/deposit methods, customer support, and benefits.
Can I bet on multiple things at once in Maryland?
Yes, bettors have many opportunities to bet on multiple predictions in online event betting. Specifically, parlays/multibets allow bettors to place one wager covering multiple predictions.