Betting on the NBA Playoffs in Maryland can be a bit tricky if you don’t know where to start. In this guide, we’ll help bettors find their way through the vast sea of odds, bonuses and even offer a few tips and tricks that might help while betting on the NBA Playoffs in MD.
Guide to betting on the NBA Playoffs – MD
Boosted betting profits start now. Our NBA playoffs betting MD guide will improve your understanding of the industry, tell you how to choose sportsbooks, and so much more. So get ready for the NBA betting world to unfold before you. You’ll be turning a profit quicker than you can blink.
Creating an account – NBA Playoffs betting MD
Firstly, you need to make some accounts at online bookies that offers event betting in Maryland. “But how do I know which ones to use?” Don’t worry; we’re going to give you the criteria we use to see whether a sportsbook is worth it.
- Security and encryption: Online shopping has been popular for ages. But it’s seen a surge in recent years. With this popularity boost, people decided to set up illegitimate sportsbooks that steal your data. The trick is to look at the site’s security protocols to see how they protect you. Don’t go dumping your hard-earned dollars into a sportsbook that won’t keep you safe.
- Brilliant customer service: If there’s a problem, you need it solved. Quickly. We hope you won’t run into trouble. But this just isn’t realistic. No matter how great the bookie, issues will rear their ugly heads. 24/7 customer service is a great aspect. Multiple contact options are a must.
- Live betting and streaming: Live streaming is an exceptional feature. Not only can you easily place your bets, but you can watch the game in one place.
- Substance over style: Of course, you want an attractive sportsbook. But just because they hired a fancy web designer doesn’t mean they have any substance. Service and support are far more important than aesthetics.
- Speedy payouts: Do you want to wait 7 days for your winnings? Nope! Search for sportsbooks that allow you to withdraw and deposit easily. Up to 48 hours wait time is fine, but the fewer hours, the better.
- Bonuses and promos: Oh yes! We adore a good bonus package. Incentives not only inspire loyalty, but they attract new bettors. While you shouldn’t base your decision solely on the sign-up offers, it’s a welcome addition to an already great bookie.
Best NBA Playoffs betting sportsbook in Maryland
We can talk about the ranking criteria all day. But that’s not going to help you narrow your search options. For example, there are hundreds of Maryland online sportsbooks these days. It’d take you forever to go through each one by one.
So, below you can find our top 5 NBA playoffs betting Maryland sportsbooks. Whichever you decide to choose, you’re guaranteed to have an exceptional experience. You have our word.
- Fanduel: Unmatchable betting interface, tons of bet options, and a modern mobile app.
- Pointsbet: Unique points betting system, sleek mobile app, and fabulous welcome bonuses.
- Draftkings: Easy to navigate, powerful betting system, and a wide range of betting options.
- BetMGM: High-quality betting software, progressive design, and generous promotions.
- Barstool Sportsbook: Risk-free bet for new users, easy banking options, and a useful mobile app.
Understand betting terminology – NBA Playoffs betting MD
The NBA betting market is littered with specialist jargon. You’re not going to understand a thing without getting to grips with all the terms.
It’s time to learn the best. Let’s go.
NBA betting MD – Moneylines
Moneyline bets are as simple as simple gets. Pick a winner. Place your bet. You’re done.
How to read Moneyline NBA playoffs odds:
You’ll notice that the competing teams have either positive (+) or negative (-) odds. The favorite team is denoted with negative odds. The underdog has positive odds.
Now for an example:
- Bulls (-120)
- Lakers (+175)
- You would need to be $120 on the Bulls to make a $100 profit. A $100 bet on the Lakers would give you a $175 profit.
Parlay bets on the NBA Playoffs – MD
Fancy upping the ante? Parlay bets truly raise the stakes. You’re putting multiple bets on the same ticket (grouping, basically) for a larger payout.
You might decide to bet against the spread on one game, place a moneyline bet on another, and make a prop bet. Of course, you could keep them as separate bets. But the profit won’t be nearly as much. There’s a catch, though (sorry). Every single bet needs to win. Otherwise, you lose the entire parlay.
NBA Playoffs betting Maryland – point spreads
Point spreads allow you to bet on how much a team will win by. The best way to explain this is by…
The Bulls are favored over the Lakers by 3 points. The NBA playoff betting odds here will be displayed like this:
- Bulls (-3) Lakers (+3)
What will happen if you bet on the Bulls? Well, you’ll win your bet if the team wins by at least 4 points. Okay, what if you bet on the Lakers? In this case, the Lakers will need to win outright or lose by 1 or 2 points.
Prop bets on the NBA Playoffs – MD
The NBA playoffs betting world is your oyster with props. It’s usually a 50/50 chance of getting it right since you’re typically wagering on yes/no questions.
Some examples to pique your proposition interest:
- Will LeBron James score over 30 points?
- Will LeBron James have over 15 rebounds?
- What will the game spread be in this series?
- How many dunks in this match?
- How many 3-pointers in this match?
NBA Playoffs live betting Maryland
Calling all NBA superfans! This one’s for you. Live betting is rapidly becoming the most popular way to bet NBA finals. There are so many options with live betting! You can choose to be props, point spreads, moneylines, and so much more while the game is on. There’s nothing like having a bit of skin in the game to spice things up.
Totals bets on the NBA Playoffs – MD
Whether you call them O/Us, over/under, or totals, it’s the same thing with a different label. Here, the sportsbook sets the number of points that’ll be scored. You have to bet over or under that number.
Here’s an example:
The Chicago Bulls are playing the Philadelphia Sixers. DraftKings set the total at 240 points. If you bet under, you believe the combined score will be less than 240. An over bet means the combined score will be over 240. “What happens if the score is exactly 240?”, we hear you cry! Well, your bet gets pushed. Essentially: you get your money back.
NBA betting MD futures bets
Futures bets are made on things that are yet to happen. Normally, you’ll bet on outcomes very far in the future like, “Which team will win the NBA finals?”.
Follow these steps to make an NBA futures bet:
- Look at the NBA playoffs betting odds.
- Check the stats to see which team you think will win the championship.
- Once you’ve decided, place your futures bet with your chosen sportsbook.
- Wait for the results and hopefully get your winnings!
NBA Playoffs betting Maryland expert tips
We’ve gone through a lot together so far. But we’re not finished yet!
Our guide to boosted NBA Maryland betting profits wouldn’t be complete without 10 tips from pro bettors.
Manage your money
The NBA season is a long one. There are numerous games every day. Therefore, you need to teach yourself to remain disciplined and not bet over your limits.
Try flat betting. In other words, betting the same amount on each game and wagering between 1-5% of your bankroll per playtime. This way, you’ll stay afloat for longer.
Control your emotions
The pros can control their emotions. Recreational NBA bettors cannot. Yep. Easier said than done!
If you’re a die-hard fan of the Washington Wizards, it can be tricky to place your bets elsewhere. But that’s exactly what you need to do to make money. Your favorite team will not always win. So make logical wagers, not fanatical ones.
Notice severe line moves
It’s normal to see NBA playoffs betting lines move 0.5 or 1 point either way. A severe movement, however, is a change of 1.5 or more.
Often, this indicates that professional bettors have placed some big money down. This is because the experts win more than lose. Thus, the bookies respect them.
Ideally, you’ll bet on the side of the pros.
Bet against the public
The public likes to back the favorites. It makes sense on the surface. But this bias creates greater value on the underdogs.
The masses tend to gamble on home favorites. So placing a bet on the other team can give you a huge payout if it works out in your favor.
Super pro tip: Take note of the rest advantage. NBA players are incredibly busy. So if a team has had 4 days of rest and is going against a team who played another game yesterday, the rest may serve them well.
Beware of easy props
If a prop seems too good to be true, it probably is. The oddsmakers probably know something you do not. This doesn’t mean you can’t bet on them. Just make sure you’re well-informed before relinquishing your cash.
Know the referee
All refs want to get things right. But at the end of the day, bias exists. Some will prefer home teams while others prefer the roadies. Some prefer favorites, while others prefer underdogs. Some make calls to benefit unders while others do the opposite.
Referees are human. Knowing their preferences can help build your betting strategy.
Always go NBA playoffs betting line shopping
Shop around at the Maryland online gambling sites for the best lines. Timing is your best friend here. Otherwise, you risk missing the most advantageous position.
Twitter is abuzz with constant, up-to-date information. You’ll find everything from injury updates to rest days and more. You should be the first to know about this info as you can hop on a great number before it changes.
Understand inflated lines
Are the public lopsided on one side? Has this caused the books to move the number toward the favorite? Yes and yes? These are “inflated lines”.
If you’re savvy enough, you can bet on the underdog at a time when increased value is present.
The Bulls start as 12-point favorites against the Lakers. Since everyone is on the Bulls’ side, it moves from -12 to -14. Make the most out of this by buying the Lakers low at +14. This gives you value where it wasn’t before.
Drops in divisional unders
Bet under when the total drops by at least half. The teams in each division play each other multiple times throughout the season. Familiarity makes it easier for you to make informed bets.
FAQ’s About NBA Playoffs Betting Maryland
How are NBA championship odds created?
Bookies set initial lines before a game takes place (sometimes more than 24 hours beforehand!). The lines are based on how they decide to rate the involved teams and how other sportsbooks have set them.
What is the home-court advantage?
Put simply, the team playing on their home turf are more likely to perform better. Not only are they used to the court, but the crowd swings in their favor. More motivation = A* performance.
How many teams make the NBA playoffs?
16 out of the league’s 30 teams make the NBA playoffs. 8 teams come from the Eastern Conference and 8 co9me from the Western Conference.
Where can you watch the NBA playoffs in Maryland?
You can watch the NBA championship on TNT, NBA TV, ESPN, ABC (select playoff games only)
How does the NBA playoff bracket work?
All playoff rounds are conducted in the best-of-seven method. The team with home-court advantage hosts game numbers 1, 2, 5, and 7. Their opponent hosts game numbers 3, 4, and 6.