You likely already use a Visa card to make purchases, such as gas, groceries, or travel expenses. It’s quick and easy, and almost every business accepts Visa. But how about using your Visa credit, debit, or gift card for sports betting in Maryland?
Guide to VISA betting in MD
Online sportsbooks offer a variety of payment options, from traditional to more modern methods. However, one of the quickest, easiest, and most secure ways to fund your betting account is with your Visa card.
In this article, we will cover everything you need to know when it comes to using your Visa card for sports betting, including the following:
- What online sportsbooks accept Visa credit cards in Maryland?
- What are Visa’s processing fees?
- How can I deposit funds to a Maryland Visa sportsbook?
- Can I make withdrawals using a Visa card?
- What about Visa Prepaid Cards – are they accepted by MD sports betting sites?
- What are the pros of paying with a Visa credit card?
- What are the cons of paying with a Visa credit card?
- Sports Betting Visa FAQs for Maryland Users
Let’s get started with what online sites accept Visa in the state of Maryland.
Sportsbooks accepting VISA cards in Maryland
Visa is widely accepted across most platforms, including Maryland online sportsbooks. This, along with the security that comes with a credit card (versus a debit card) and minimal to no fees, are major perks of using a Visa card when strategically placing bets online in Maryland.
Because most MD online gambling sites accept Visa and other major credit cards, deciding on the right one for all of your betting needs can be quite challenging. But no need to worry, because you’ve come to the right place.
Shall we go as far as to say that the odds are in your favor?
Yes – because we break down Maryland’s top betting sites that accept Visa credit cards in Maryland.
Whether you like placing parlay bets, single bets, or prop bets, there is an MD online sportsbook out there that will perfectly suit your needs. And, of course, one that will accept your Visa card.
How did we choose the best MD Visa betting sites
Before we discuss our list of betting sites that will take your Visa in Maryland, it’s important to note that we didn’t just look at a site, see if we can whip out our trustworthy Visa or not, add it to 18the list, and stop there.
It’s quite the opposite, actually. Here’s how we chose the best MD Visa betting sites:
- We examined Maryland sportsbook sites in-depth to determine which companies are well established and have an exceptional reputation.
- We made sure that the betting sites offered a wide variety of sports to bet on.
- We determined that the sportsbooks provided a user-friendly experience.
- We are all always on the go, so we made sure these sites deliver when it comes to mobile betting options.
Oh – and all of the other things we all care about when making bets with our hard-earned money. The companies we list in this article check all of the boxes.
Ok, you get it. We only recommend the best companies because, well, let’s be honest – we are putting our gut instincts and predictions out there just like you. And maybe, more importantly, we are opening up our own wallets and declaring our opinion of who is the best of the best. So, we, too, realize the importance of working with top-notch, reputable companies.
Best Visa betting sites in Maryland
That said, it’s time to move on and discuss the reason you are here. Our picks for the best Visa betting sites in Maryland include the following:
- BetMGM: Established in 2018, BetMGM is a joint venture deal between MGM Resorts International and Entain Holdings.
- DraftKings: DraftKings, founded in 2012, is an American sports betting company that leads the industry in innovative technology, allowing you to quickly and easily withdraw your winnings.
- Barstool: Barstool got its start in Boston in 2003 as a print publication and became available online in 2007.
- FanDuel: FanDuel got its start in 2009 and expanded its services to include sports betting in 2018.
What are Visa’s processing fees?
Generally speaking, most sports betting sites do not charge a processing fee for Visa credit card deposits. In fact, none of our recommended sportsbook companies charge a processing fee.
That makes paying by Visa one of the cheapest ways to pay for betting in Maryland.
Banking with VISA in Maryland sportsbook
If you are new to the Maryland sports betting scene, you might be concerned about how to use your Visa credit card to fund your account. We are here to tell you that there is nothing to worry about; in fact, you might even be overthinking it.
It’s relatively simple, and if you have ever used your Visa credit card online, then you probably know more than you think you do.
Most Maryland sportsbook sites are similar when it comes to adding funds to your account. There is typically a cashier section on sports betting sites. Choose “deposit,” and then click on the credit card option.
You will need to enter your name (as shown on your credit card), the credit card number, expiration date, and CVV code. The three-digit CVV code is typically located on the back of the card.
You can then add the deposit amount, confirm all information is correct, and that’s it. Typically, Maryland betting sites process payments instantly. As a result, your funds will be available to use within minutes, if not seconds.
Make withdrawals using a Visa card
Generally speaking, MD Visa sports betting withdrawals don’t commonly occur unless you are using a prepaid Visa card or a Visa gift card.
That means that if your Maryland sports betting site allows Visa gift or prepaid cards, you can usually make fast payouts using that same card.
Check out below for more information regarding Visa withdraws using our top Maryland betting sites:
- BetMGM: BetMGM offers a withdrawal service called Visa Fast Funds Pay-outs; however, this option is only available if you have an eligible debit or prepaid Visa card. BetMGM will review your request within a couple of hours and release your funds within five hours.
- DraftKings: DraftKings allows Visa card refunds. If you used a Visa gift card, you could only withdraw the amount that was originally on the card. It takes 2-8 business days for your withdrawal to process.
- Barstool: You can only make withdraws from Barstool by using one of the following methods: your online checking account, PayPal, ACH/e-check, or the Barstool Sportsbook; Casino Play+ card
- FanDuel: You can withdraw funds to a Visa card, but only if it’s a debit card. FanDuel will deposit funds back into the Visa debit card used to make the original deposit within 25 hours. The maximum withdrawal amount is $10,000.
Visa processing times with sportsbooks
The processing time typically takes mere seconds when using a Visa card to place bets on an MD sports betting site. That means that you can register, look over your options, and place a bet in mere minutes.
On the other hand, Visa withdrawals (if allowed) generally have a mandatory wait period before any funds are released. The time frames vary dramatically, with some sports betting sites releasing funds within hours while others hold onto the cash for up to 48 hours.
Visa deposit bonuses in Maryland
If you have ever ordered anything online, then you likely know the drill when it comes to Visa deposit bonuses. For example, when you go to make a purchase online from a company for the first time, and you sign up for promotional emails, then you will likely get a discount code.
Heck, sometimes you can even get another percentage off for allowing companies to send you promotional text messages.
The point is that sports betting sites in Maryland will usually offer you some kind of gambling bonus when you make your first deposit. Check it out:
- BetMGM: BetMGM will match your first deposit 100% (up to $1,000), and you get $25 in free play. If you lose your first bet, BetMGM will give you a refund (maximum of $600).
- DraftKings: DraftKings will match 20% of your deposit (up to $1,000).
- Barstool: After making your first deposit, your first qualifying wager is 100% guaranteed. That means if you lose your bet, you get a refund of up to $500.
- FanDuel: FanDuel will match 20% of your first deposit (up to $500).
Typically, you aren’t able to withdraw that bonus cash immediately. Usually, it is only unlocked once you have gambled it a specific number of times. Maryland, as with other states, has requirements regulating deposit bonuses. Make sure to review beforehand so that you know what to expect and can plan accordingly.
Pros of betting with Visa?
Why should you use a Visa card to place sports bets online in Maryland? Well, the list is a bit long, so hang with us:
- You likely already have a Visa card in your wallet. You know it, and you trust it.
- Visa is fast and secure, offering you the best of both worlds. You want your money fast? Great, Visa will make it happen. Do you want privacy? Ok – Visa’s got your back.
- Reloads are quick and easy. Just enter your CVV code, and you are done.
- A Visa credit card is not tied to your personal bank account. Does that really matter? YES! It’s much easier to deal with questionable charges when it comes to a credit card. Fraudulent charges on debit cards oftentimes are much more difficult to argue (good luck getting all of your money back.)
- Visa is a tried-and-true method of payment that is reliable, trustworthy, and accepted by more MD sportsbooks than more modern forms of payment, such as Skrill or Neteller.
Cons of paying with Visa?
Well, using a Visa card online in Maryland is generally quick and easy. There are some downfalls.
- You usually can’t get cashback using your Visa credit card unless it was on a gift card.
- Online betting site charges show up on credit card bills, which some folks would rather not have on record.
- Using a Visa credit card means you have the responsibility of paying it off on time in order to maintain good credit.
FAQ’s About VISA Sports Betting Maryland
How do I use my Visa to make a deposit at an MD sports betting site?
You can usually take care of MD Visa deposits in the cashier section. Just enter your card information, including the expiration date and CVV code, and you should be all set. If you have trouble locating the cashier section, you can typically find information in the sportsbook’s FAQs.
Is it safe to enter my Visa information on an MD sportsbook website?
Maryland betting sites must adhere to PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance standards for any cashier transactions, which provide you with the same kind of protection financial institutions and major banks use.
Why was my Visa transaction declined?
There are several reasons why your Visa transaction was declined by a Marlying sports betting site. First, perhaps you entered the information wrong. Second, Double-check that all data entered is correct.
If that isn’t the issue, it could be that you are over your credit limit or the bank that issued the Visa card does not authorize online sports betting. Call the customer service number on your card to find out more.
Are Visa payments to sports betting sites easy and quick?
Yes. You can make Visa deposits in minutes, and they are processed instantaneously.
Can I withdraw from online sports betting sites using Visa?
Typically, MD sportsbook sites will only allow you to withdraw to a Visa gift card, although rules vary based on the company. You can find out more information above or check out the company’s website.